Friday, November 28, 2014

What You Take Into Your Heart: A Storyteller's Thanksgiving List




I am thankful for Love.  In Love, we find strength to do what we do not think we can do.  Cupid and Psyche



I am thankful for books.  In Books, our thoughts, hopes and dreams  can live for one thousand years. Mort d'arthur




I am thankful for laughter.  In Laughter, we find our way through darkness and back to self.  Where the Sidewalk Ends



I am thankful for a new day.  In New Days, we find the chance to try again and make reparations for our mistakes.  The Wicked Day






I am thankful for music.  In Music, our souls dance and join together.  Pachelbel's  Cannon - the piece my husband selected for our wedding.


I am thankful for Time.  In Time, things come to light and make more sense if we seek the answers.





I am thankful for Knowledge.  In the immortal words of Oprah, "When we know better, we do better."




I am thankful for Stories.  In Stories, we chase Love, Laughter, music,  and Knowledge.  Whether in Books, through electronic devices, or from the mouth of one who tells tales, if we listen, and keep our hearts open the stories change us over Time.

They change us for good or ill.  They change us at bedrock.

One of my favorite movie lines is from 'The Witness'.  A grandfather tells his grandson, "What you take into your hand, you take into your heart."





If that is so, then what you take into your heart, you take into your soul.

Take stories in hand.  If you do, you won't be the first world teacher who has done so.  You certainly won't be the last.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment